When it comes to dog bladder health, feeding a diet made with the right balance of high-quality nutrients is important. Mineral excess can foster an environment that encourages the formation of crystals in the urine, a primary factor in the development of uncomfortable bladder stones. Bladder stones are serious issues requiring veterinary care.
Royal Canin Urinary Nutrition tastes great and nutritionally supports urinary tract and bladder health in dogs. Developed by nutritionists and veterinarians to specifically support urinary tract and bladder health through:
- Struvite Dissolution – our diets effectively dissolve pure struvite uroliths.
- Low Relative Super Saturation (RSS)technology predicts the crystallization potential of urine and is used to develop our diets to decrease the risk of struvite and calcium oxalate crystal and stone formation.
- Urine Dilution – our formulas increase the urine volume to simultaneously reduce the saturation of urine with struvite and calcium oxalate precursors.
Bladder and Urinary Health Warning Signs
- Straining to urinate
- Restless, listlessness
- Loss of interest in usual activities
- Reduced appetite or refusing food
- Excessive licking around urinary opening
- Urinating in unusual or new places
Sourced from Royal Canin.com